Welcome to this month’s Paper Adventures blog hop. Thank you to Brian King for hopping with us this month, very exciting! 🙂 For this hop we are inspired by the theme of trick or treat. I’m not much of a trickster so it’s treats all the way for me. I wanted to create a treat that would work for Halloween but also try out a gift box that can fit a small treat in like hand cream. The Halloween treats were quicker to make than they might look-just cut out 8 circles (you can even cut through four sheets of paper at a time) by layering the 2 1/4 inch circle inside the 1 1/4 inch circle. Fold in half and adhere one side of each circle to the next in two sets of four, add the lollipop to the middle and join the sets together. The little leaves are from the Bloom and Grow stamp set and dies and the sentiment from a retired set called Spooky Sweets. We don’t celebrate Halloween in a big way here but I know I will have some visitors and I’ll be ready to share some spooky treats!
The sliding box features the Pressed Petals DSP. You might be wondering why I’ve used the “Happy Spring” from the Fable Friends stamp set. It’s Spring here in Western Australia and warming up quickly as we head towards summer!
Dimensions for the gift box
- Box – Garden Green card stock (CS) 4 1/2″ x 11″, scored at 1/2″, 2 1/2″, 4 1/4″, 6 1/4″, and 8″
- Slider Box – Garden Green CS 7 1/2″ x 5″, scored on all four sides at 1 1/2″.
- DSP -one @ 4 1/4″ x 2 3/4″, one @ 4 1/4″ x 1 3/4″, and one @ 4 1/4″ x 1 1/2″
- Oval-Garden Green and Very Vanilla CS cut with dies from the Stitched Shape dies.
- Ribbon-Rococo Rose
- Embellishment-5mm Pumpkin Pie Holiday Rhinestone Basic Jewels
Let’s Hop over to Siobhan’s blog to see whether Siobhan has chosen a trick or treat! .
Thanks for stopping by,